Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Padres Promo Jersey

When the 2017 Padres schedule was released, they designated Saturday June 10th as the day they were going to give out free jerseys. I was excited because I have never received a free jersey for going to a game. I know I shouldn't be considering how many I own.


As the game approached they announced they were giving away road jerseys with Austin Hedges, Clayton Richard, Wil Myers, and Yangervis Solarte.

I got to the game on Saturday as soon as I made it through the main gate, I was handed a voucher entitling me to one jersey. I asked Padres' employee where do I pick it up? He said you'll see the line up ahead. Indeed I did. It stretched around and around. There were probably about 200 people in line. I waited patiently as the line moved slowly and as people cut into it. I checked Twitter on my phone and saw that the other gates were giving away jerseys. I left the line because the game was about to start in ten minutes and I overheard an employee saying they were still going to be there after the game started.

Petco Park has a pedestrian bridge connected to a hotel across the street. If you stay at the hotel, you can get to the park through there. Interestingly enough there was no line to get a jersey there. They only had Clayton Richard's jersey at that location and he was my second choice. (Austin Hedges was my first.) So here it is:



Well it looks like a Padres Road jersey. It doesn't feel like one cause the materials too thin and see through. The numbers are ironed on and it smells kind of funny. If I didn't own a bunch of Padres jerseys, I'd wear to games.

If I was the Padres I would given away blank jerseys instead, that way I could customize it. It would also cut down on people waiting on line because they want a particular player. 

Even though they gave these away, Petco Park didn't sellout, which surprised me. I thought it would be a popular giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment