Thursday, January 31, 2019

My Rams Bandwagon Kit

There's a big game this Sunday between the Rams and Patriots. I'm trying to get ready for it.



 The Rams shirt I bought at the beginning of the season. The glasses were on sale at Burlington during Christmas and they still had them after the Rams won the NFC Championship Game. I paid $10 for two glasses.

Now the jersey, that's an interesting story.

I went to Training Camp this year and they didn't have any game issued jerseys for sale. I was dissapointed but I thought Burlington would have jerseys on sale throughout the season. It didn't happen.

So the Rams win the NFC Championship Game and I decided to go to Fanatics. I could spend $100+ for a mass produced Gurley or Goff jersey or get outside my comfort zone. 

I decided to hit eBay. I'm used to buying MLB jerseys on there because I trust certain sellers, plus game issued/worn NFL jerseys have different fits and cuts.

I searched Los Angeles Rams authentic jerseys and a lot them were the jerseys you could buy at a sporting goods store. I found a throwback Mitchell and Ness Ron Jaworski jersey that was a little too big for me, would have shipped after the game, and the seller didn't show the front of it. I looked for a couple of days through the listings and gave up.

eBay emails me every day and I got a message on Sunday. There's a game issued St. Louis Rams jersey for sale. I clicked on it and looked at it. It was the right size, the seller posted pics of it at different angles, and the seller had a good rating. eBay said it would arrive the Monday after the game. I know eBay tends to overestimate the delivery date, so I bought this jersey for $139 including shipping.

 James Hodgins played on the St. Louis Rams for four seasons. He was on their Super Bowl team in 99. 




The tag above indicates that this was issued during the 2001 season. 

I'm really happy about this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment