Sunday, January 13, 2019

Padres FanFest 2019 Part Two The Merchandise

Continuing on from yesterday, the stuff I bought or received.

 First off, I got this replica Trevor Hoffman jersey when I entered the park.

 Not really my cup of tea because I have higher quality stuff. I do appreciate that they gave something away because they haven't done in the past Fanfests I've been to.

I wanted one of the new navy-blue jerseys that they wear on Sunday. They had a rack full of them and I ended up with two.


 If you aren't a Padres fan, you still probably had Edwin Jackson pitch for your favorite team. He's played for thirteen different teams. I couldn't turn down a journeyman starting pitcher jersey. I paid $50 for.

 Yangervis Solarte was an extremely popular player when he was with the Padres. I'm am so happy to have this jersey in my collection. I'm surprised no got this before I did. I should mention I paid $75 for it. I'm not sure why it was higher priced than the rest of them. I'm not complaining.


 I didn't want another road jersey but I did want Huston Street jersey, so here we are. Street was the closer for the Padres after Heath Bell left. Street ended his career with Angels.


 This a throwback Cory Luebke signed jersey. The previous years when I went to FanFest, they charged more for signed jerseys and I'd avoid it. This was $50 this year, so I bought it. There was no certificate of authenticity, but I didn't buy it because it had signature on it. This style was used during the 1985 to 1990 seasons.



This is a 2009 Josh Geer jersey. I know because it has the 40th Anniversary Patch on it. When I was combing through the racks, I saw the patch and decided to buy it. They wore this style of jersey from 2004 to 2011. I paid $50 for it.

 I got a Friar poster and a kid's jersey for free.

 Looks good for a replica.

I paid $275 for all the jerseys. You can go on MLB.com and pay the same amount for one authentic jersey.

Since the team store was half off and technically, I was under budget, I decided to browse. The team store was crowded like the last time I went to Fan Appreciation Day but I got a few things.

This is a 47 Brand Throwback Padres cap. They sell it normally at Petco for $35.  On sale I paid $17 for it. On the 47 site it's $30.

 This 47 Brand Padres shirt is sold at Petco for $40 (ugh). It was $20 on sale. 

I bought a couple knitted hats because I love knitted hats.
 Each of them are at sold at $34 but because of the sale they were $17. Not bad.

I spent $76 at the team store and I could have spent more.

The great news is that I'm ready for the season to start but I don't think I'll be buying anything else for a while. Don't worry I'll still post on here.

I really wanted a Rams jersey....

On Thursday, I'm going to put together a team with all the jerseys I have. I think team full of middle relievers and no outfielders could work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment