Monday, June 5, 2017

Ducks Team Store Sale Part 2

I arrived at the Honda Center at a quarter to 10. There was already a line of 100 people waiting for the doors to open. I spent my time watching the season ticket holders walking out with hockey sticks and other items. I thought, "Why couldn't the Chargers done an event like this before they left?" (Actually, they are still at Chargers Park in San Diego till their least ends in July.)


They started to let the public in a little after 10. Unlike last year, they seemed to let everyone in at once, which made things a little bit chaotic.

 They had many boxes strewn around with Ducks shirts. People were grabbing at random shirts, trying to find the right style and size. Every shirt I grabbed seemed to be a small or medium and I gave up.

I saw a rack with jerseys on it, so I headed there.

Unlike last year, these jerseys were from current players and allegedly signed by them. The prices of these ranged from $400 - $1000. I couldn't buy one. I spent $300 on jersey last year and I wasn't that happy that I spent all that money for one jersey.


 These hockey gloves were a $100 for some reason. If I spent $100 for gloves, I would have only played one season of hockey. (I think I lost maybe two or three pairs in my life.)


 I'm not sure how much the helmets were but they had new helmets and sticks, too.


I headed inside the Team Store with more optimistic that I'd buy something. The store was crowded with people buying merchandise. Many shelves were empty. T-Shirts were 65% off but it was still hard to find the right size. The Ducks' road jerseys were also 60% off but not the home or third jerseys. Actually more than half the Team Store was blocked off, so if I wanted to buy one at full price, I couldn't. Last season, the entire store except for a tiny section, was on sale.

Sorry for the blurry pic. These were the home jerseys for the Cup winning team in 2007.  These authentic jerseys retailed for $335 and at 35% off make it $228. Didn't buy it and truth be told I wasn't a big fan of them. Such a boring look, plus hockey sweaters shouldn't have the city name on them; looking at you Vancouver.

Playoff merchandise was 75% off, so I decided to get my dad a playoff puck and call it a day. I went to line up to checkout and the line wrapped around and around. They had several cashiers checking out people outside and a few inside doing the same thing. What was absurd is that you would wait in line and then would direct you checkout inside the store. I couldn't get an item inside and checkout inside.

I gave up and put the puck back on the shelf and left.  I was willing to spend close to $300 to buy jerseys and other items but it was just so disorganized. I know where I'm getting my next Ducks jersey and it won't cost that much.

I was disappointed because they had more stuff on sale last year.

I'm glad I could save some money. I'm sure there's another Zagurski jersey I can buy in the future.

There's a thread on Reddit with accounts about what happened last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment