Friday, March 25, 2016

Padres FanFest 2014

Before I write about Padres FanFest 2014. this year's is taking place on April 1st and 2nd during the exhibition series vs. the Chicago White Sox. Information can be found here: http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/sd/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp.

When I went to Angels Garage Sale in 2013, I wondered if any other teams did the same thing. I emailed the Padres and they told me that they do before the season starts. After checking social media and their website many times during the off season, they scheduled it for February before they left for Spring Training. 

 When I went to San Diego, there were many Padres fans enjoying the different activities on and off the field.  Many of them were buying merchandise too.

I followed this sign and saw hundreds of people looking at different Padres wares for sale. They had jerseys, shirts, pants, helmets, bats, balls, hats from the Padres and other MLB teams, and everything else under the sun. I headed towards the racks and boxes of jerseys. I wanted an alternate blue jersey and another one of a different style.

They were charging different prices depending on the jersey. Non throwback jerseys were about $125 and throwback and signed jerseys were $200, if I remember correctly.

 I saw Jason Marquis pitch for the Padres in 2013. He went 8 innings against the Marlins and only gave up 5 hits. He had a decent career and pitched for many different teams. This is an Alternate San Diego Padres Authentic jersey. I like the navy blue color and the SD interlocking logo on the front. I probably paid $125 for it. I have worn this to most of Padre games I've been too.


This is a Mike Thompson Authentic Home Jersey. I like it because it is not a Cool Base jersey, so in someways it is a throwback jersey. I just looked at the style of the jersey and the name on the back and decided to buy it. After I purchased it, I was happy to find out he was a reliever because you know how much I love relief pitchers that people forgot about..

Word of warning, make sure the jersey fits comfortably before you buy it. This jersey is a bit snug on me and I should have tried it on before buying it. I don't regret buying it. I probably spent $125 on this.

The line to buy merchandise was long and I might have spent an hour in it. If you use cash, the line is shorter. I am not sure how things will be this year. 

I'll end with a picture of All Star Mickey from the All Star Game in Anaheim. It's in the outfield concourse in Petco Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment