Saturday, August 5, 2017

Fight For LA/Orange/Imperial County (Chargers Training Camp)

I went to Chargers Training Camp last Monday and I didn't buy anything. I have pictures and story to share.


When they practiced in San Diego parking was free. I had to pay ten dollars to park at the OC Fair Grounds because camp is held in Costa Mesa. By parking there I got a half off coupon for fair admission (so yay!). On another positive note, if you go when the fair is open, you can enter the fair after camp ends and only pay for parking once.

I arrived early, parked and then walked about a block to enter camp. Before I entered I was greeted by this:

 Before going to the main area, several food truck were lined up for spectators to buy concessions. There was a field with these banners:


(They're fighting for everyone except for San Diego County. By the way, I think they'll end up with a stadium in the OC because the whole roommate with the Rams thing won't work out.)

I bypassed this and saw a line of fans for the Hi Five Line. The team set up an area where shuttles drop off the players and they go down the line hi fiving the players. Local media was there to film this. I watched as many players were dropped off. I didn't recognize many of them but I did see Philip Rivers. I didn't get a picture of him.


In the main area there was directory of all the activities at Training Camp.


 When looking at this map I noticed there was no Yard Sale to be found. The Chargers Community Group was selling water for a buck instead of jerseys for $50. I wonder if they left all those jerseys in San Diego. So I was a bit upset about this because I liked the jerseys I bought last season and wanted to add to the collection.

I went to the Team Store tent where they had jerseys, hats, and shirts for sale. There was nothing really special that you could probably find cheaper online. If you follow the team on Twitter they announce a new Team Store special during each day at camp. 

I left the Team Store and went to the customer service area. I wanted a pocket schedule for some reason and I was told they didn't have them and schedule was online. (What is this internet you speak of?) Last season they had them. I got one as a Season Ticket holder and they had them at the stadium.

I went to the field and watched an hour of drills and left because the sun was started to come out. 

After not spending money at camp, I was going to try and buy the Mike Zagurski bat but someone else purchased it. Oh well.

I might try to attend Rams camp and see how it's different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment