Saturday, November 5, 2016

Chargers Rookie Rally

First off, congratulations to the Chicago Cubs for winning the World Series. I didn't think it would ever happen. I don't own any Cubs gear but I probably get something that says World Series Champs on it. Speaking of which, they've sold a lot of merchandise because of winning the World Series.

I bought Chargers Season Tickets before preseason and I got to do something cool cause of it.



The team emailed me and everyone else who was a first time season ticket member because they were going to have a Rookie Rally. The Rally was going to consist of meeting the rookie players on the team, getting autographs and photos, and Q & A sessions. It was going to be held on the Chargers sideline at Qualcomm Stadium.

When they opened the gates, we traveled down a tunnel to get down on to the field and then we walked through the inflatable tunnel the Chargers' players run through on game day.

They had a section where you could get your picture taken with different backgrounds, there was section dedicated to the stadium initiative, and there were food and drink serving areas set up along the sideline.

It was so cool to be on the field. I have never been on a NFL field before. Notice there are no banners for the team or lines painted on the field. They put them out every game day and take them down every day.


Off the top of my head, Drew Kaser, Ken Farrow, Spencer Pulley, Max Tuerk, Derek Watt, and Joey Bosa were there. I know I'm missing of the players. Hunter Henry wasn't unfortunately.

The lines to get signatures wasn't too bad till Bosa showed up and then 85% of people who showed up to the Rally lined up.

They did Q & A's with a few of the players and Tom Telesco, the Chargers' GM.



Here's my signed football at the end of the night:




It was a great event to meet the players and walk on a field that that had so many great players on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment