Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Tale of the Three Zagurski Jerseys

Where do I begin? Awhile ago, I bought a Mike Zagurski Pittsburgh Pirates road jersey from an eBay seller who lists many Pirates, Mets, Cubs, and Mariners jerseys. When I bought it, they had a batting practice jersey listed for more than $60 and I wasn't going to buy it.


In November, they decided to list it as an auction instead of buy it now. It was starting at $30 and I was like, I'll bid $30 on it and if someone outbids me, I'll let them win. Days pass and no one puts a bid in.



It's a nice jersey but I don't usually wear yellow. Also, this doesn't have his actual number on the Pirates. It matches my road jersey with same wrong number. It also lacks the little MLB authenticity tag. The seller is reputable, so I don't doubt it being authentic.

Now it's December and I'm browsing the Erie Seawolves site and they had these game used red jerseys for sale.

    
Looking at this, it looked orange to me. Anyway, I bought another Zagurski jersey for $125 plus shipping and when I got it on Thursday, it looked like this:

 I noticed a lack of color and Seawolves on the front of it. I was disappointed cause I thought the red jerseys looked better. I went on Twitter and voiced my displeasure. 

 I wrote this around 4PM PST, which would be 7PM EST, and I didn't expect a response. The Seawolves immediately apologized for the mistake and asked for my contact info.

The Director of Merchandise called me on Friday. I read him the riot act and told him that I have blog that has thousands of readers and I have million Instagram followers..... That didn't happen. When he called, he apologized profusely and couldn't have been any nicer. He told me he was going to the post office to send out the right one, plus I'd get a signed baseball from new HOF'er Alan Trammel. I thought, "Cool, Amazon wouldn't give me a signed baseball from screwing up my order."

(I'll post the baseball when I get a case for it.)

 Here's the red jersey:

 
  The Mr. I patch is for Mike Illitch who passed away this year. He founded Little Caesars Pizza with his wife and owned the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers. The Erie Seawolves are the Double A team of the Tigers.

The white jersey will be going back to Erie shortly. I guess it proves there is a Zagurski jersey I don't want. 

The red jersey is so much nicer...

Edit: Apparently the Brewers signed Mike to a minor league deal. I get to do this all over next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment