Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Living Ruins of SDCCU Stadium

Once upon a time, there was a professional football team that played in San Diego. For many years, they took on teams from Oakland, LA, Denver, and Kansas City. But one day, they left without a trace. I heard rumors about another team in San Diego that played football in the ruins of the previous team's stadium. I had to investigate.




In this desolate place was missing many things. The giant sponsor's logo hanging from the exterior and the video screen behind the statue of Jack Murphy.



 Another team was leaving their mark on the ruins. Things were different.

 Soon more people started to come towards the ruins of a great stadium.

 I believe this used contain frosty beverages that people used to consume for $12 a pop. I saw many of these around the ruins.

 Somehow in these great ruins, the giant electric board still works. That probably takes magic.

 On the cup holders these stickers were attached to them. 
 As the time came closer to game time, people found their seats in the ruins. There were many to choose from.

 A football team did emerge onto the field. Instead of being clad in blue, they were wearing red and black.

A band came with them and played music throughout the game. It was different.



These numbers were different from the other ones around the ruins. I have no idea what their significance is.
This modern technology made into the stadium. I'm not sure how this happened because I didn't think modern TV's could be retrofited into stadium.

My trip to the ruins was fun and I hope to go back next season.


No comments:

Post a Comment