Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sports Authority...St Louis Rams...Kevin Durant...All Star Game

First off, Dick's Sporting Goods has bid on 18 Sports Authority locations. Also, Dick's now owns your customer records.


I went to Burlington Coat Factory again. More and more St. Louis Rams merchandise is filling the racks of the store. There was a lot of stuff to pick through. The funny thing is that most of the shirts doesn't have St. Louis on it. Rams fans in the LA area could buy this stuff for cheap and wear it to a game or party.

 This is a Rams Football shirt that I bought for $10. It doesn't have St. Louis on it.

This is another Nike Dri Fit shirt I bought. The Rams' logo is hard to see. I paid $17 for a shirt that retailed at $65.


Kevin Durant is going to sign with Golden State Warriors. This means his Oklahoma City jersey will be going on clearance shortly at many retailers. I don't think anyone in OKC will want them but if you like the player or the team, I'd say get one. He might come back to the Thunder like LeBron came back to Cleveland.


I went to see the Yankees play the Padres in San Diego on Sunday. Petco Park was really crowded due to the Yankees being there and it was 4th of July weekend. The All Star hats and jerseys are now on sale and I was thinking about picking something up. I really like the Padres throwbacks that they used for the All Star Game Jerseys.

At the stadium they were charging $48 for the Padres All Star Cap and $150 for the All Star Jersey. It is a really big markup. I'm not much of an impulse shopper when I know I can get a better price somewhere else. I bought a cap through Dick's at retail price and I'll wait after the All Star Game to get a jersey.

With that in mind, my next post I have been waiting to write since I started this blog. I am going to post about my small All Star Game collection from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment