Sunday, July 10, 2016

MLB All Star Game Extravaganza!

I have been waiting a long time to post this. The MLB All Star Game is this Tuesday. The Midsummer Classic features the "best" players in the AL and NL, I have a small collection of trinkets from a few of the past games.



When the Angels hosted the All Star Game 2010, MLB and Disney created All Star Mickeys. There were thirty Mickeys representing each team placed in different venues to promote the game.


After the All Star Game had passed, MLB auctioned a few of them off. Padres and Angels kept theirs.

This is a Phillies All Star Mickey. I bought it off MLB.com. I remember that the Angels didn't have the Phillies figure in their team store but had every other team.

I bought this Mickey Phillies pin for $15 during the Home Run Derby.

MLB came with other merchandising opportunities with each different city that hosted the All Star Game.

When the Diamondbacks hosted, they had painted cacti with each teams' logos. When Kansas City hosted, they had crowns with each teams' logos. When the Yankees hosted, there were Statue of Liberty's with different logos and when the Mets hosted years later...

When I saw this, I had to buy it. There is nothing like creepy Mr. Met watching over you. I think it was the best designed apple.



The Phillies and Angels ones look boring compared to Nightmare Mr. Met. I do like that Phillie Phanatic is on the side of apple that you can't see from the outside.

Minnesota hosted the All Star Game in 2014 and this was the batting practice jersey for National League team. I bought this at Ross probably six months or a year after the game took place. I couldn't believe they sold them because I don't find many jerseys at Ross.

Now the Padres are hosting this year's game and they didn't get little statues made. However, every team does have a cap written in the Padres throwback font. I like it. It's simple, I can wear a hat, and it won't haunt me like Mr. Met.


 Please don't stare at him.



 Last thing, in Sports Authority news, everything must go in their corporate office. They're listing stuff on Craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment