Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day - Anaheim Ducks Sale Part Two

My dad took me to my first Ducks' game about 13 years ago. Even before we went to the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, he would watch the games on KCAL 9.


He has a small collection of memorabilia and is generally hard to shop for. I wanted to do my Father's Day shopping during the Team Store Sale. (The first post about it is here.)

This is a David Steckel shirt. The Ducks had a box with a bunch of past player shirts in it and I chose him because his name sounded familiar. Looking at his stats, I thought he contributed more to the team. This was originally $15 and during the sale it was $5.

This is an official puck from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I really like the solid plastic case for it. I went around the Team Store and had to ask if they had any pucks. It took two salespeople in order to find this. It was originally $18.52 and I bought it for $9.26.

These are a set of mini jerseys commemorating the team's third jersey history. They were giveaways during three games last season. The great thing about these end of season sales is that you can find leftover promo items for sale if you missed the game. I thought these would be a great decorative item. I paid $25 for the set. It was cheaper than attending one game.



This is a Ryan Getzlaf player shirt that I bought at Burlington Coat Factory weeks after the Ducks' sale. It's different than the shirt above. The letters and numbers have textures for some reason. I paid $6 for a $35 shirt.  He wore this after he received it. I think he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment