Monday, April 18, 2016

Game Used Baseballs

Last week I wrote about the Game Used Baseballs that were being sold on MLB Auctions website. On Saturday I received them. This is what $60 ($30 each) got me.



San Diego is spelled wrong on the labels.

There is a seal on both balls, which you can use to see when these were used. The one on the left was used during a Padres/Rockies game in 2014.

The baseball on the right was thrown by former Padres pitcher Ian Kennedy to the Rockies' Justin Morneau. It might have been from this game.  

I am not actually sure what to do with them. I don't want to spend the money on display cases for them.

The Kennedy baseball also features the 10 year anniversary logo of Petco Park. I didn't know the Padres used commemorative baseballs during that season.



Two more things:

Kobe Bryant's last game netted the Staples Center $1.2 million in Bryant merchandise sales. I guess there is a market for $40K hats.

The NBA owners approved ads on jerseys for the 2017-18 season. Many people are upset with this because there are already enough ads in any telecast. I feel like most people won't notice them but I wouldn't buy a jersey with an ad on it unless it was a soccer kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment