Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Sean Hill Blues Jersey or How I Did My eBay Negotiation

 Around Mother's Day this year, one of the sellers that I shop for jerseys, put up for sale a Sean Hill St. Louis Blues Game Used Jersey. The reason I know of him is that he was on the Mighty Ducks inaugural team and scored the first goal in team history. He ended up playing on few more teams and one of them was the Blues. I wanted a Blues jersey too.


Of course, with Mother's Day approaching, it would mean money was being allocated for that. The seller wanted $300 plus shipping for it. I decided to table it for after that Sunday, hoping the selling might lower it if no one buys it. I added it to my Watchlist and thought nothing of it.

A week before Mother's Day, I get a message. The seller was willing to lower it to $275 but I could counteroffer. If my counter was accepted, I had to buy. (I'm not sure what happens if I back out.) I didn't want it that badly, so I countered with $250, which is still a lot of money, but I figured it wouldn't be accepted.

 The seller accepted it, so I was on the hook for it.

 





It's a nice jersey. I wish I put my counter at lower amount, to see if they would have taken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment