Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Padres Fan Appreciation Day Sale

During the last home stand of season for the San Diego Padres, they had a Fan Appreciation Sale. Everything they had out was 50% off and some items were 90% off.

 
Because this sale was going for many games, when I got there Sunday many of the shirts and hats didn't fit me. 

Let's rewind a bit, before the game started, they were selling this scratch cards. If you won, you got a jersey off a player's back. I bought ten of them and got this:

 I didn't win but someone who was there before me did. This doesn't bother me because I'll be at FanFest next season, picking the game issued and worn jerseys I want.

After this I went to the Team Store and it was crowded. People were trying on hats, looking at the remaining jerseys, and waiting in line to checkout. I looked at a few hats and jerseys and they were either too small or too large. I'm sure Ross will have more Padres hats in stock.

I did buy three things while I was in there:
 This Jedd Gyoko bobblehead was in the 90% off section. I paid $5 and it was marked down from $30.(Does math, that isn't 90% off. Sigh....)
 This car decal was $12 and I bought it for $6. (50% of $12 is $6. Good.)
 This Rawlings baseball with the SD logo was originally $12 and I bought it at $6. (Does math in head, checks out.)

As part of Fan Appreciation Day, they had a few items they were giving away. Fans who had the MLB At the Ballpark app had to check in at the game and then go to the Padres Fan Rewards table. When I went there, I had another scratcher to scratch for an item. I got this:


 Knockaround sunglasses from an earlier giveaway. 

Most of the merchandise kiosks around the park were open. I bought a shirt at one of them:

  This shirt was originally priced at $30 and I bought it for $15. (Does math, 50% of $30 is *carry the 7, x=9....um it's $15. Yay.)

Kudos to the Padres for doing this. I don't normally buy stuff from arenas or stadiums but I felt buying these items were worth it. I really wanted the decal.


One more thing, the Instagram is updated and more stuff will be posted the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment