Monday, May 8, 2017

Chicago Cubs Jersey

This is a long story which explains the way I think.



A little more than a week ago I went on the MLB Auction website and the San Francisco Giants had their Opening Day jerseys listed. I wanted a Giants jersey, which shouldn't surprise anyone because if you look at this blog, I have a lot of different teams. Because it was an auction, I waited to closer to the end to decide if I wanted to bid on one of them.

I thought long and hard about it and decided not to bid on any of them. I like their away and alternate jerseys more than their home jerseys. Also, I don't think I could wear it in public. I live and work in an area split by mostly Angel and Dodgers' fans. Both don't like the Giants and I'm not keeping something to rot in my closet.

Then I think, I'll get a Mets jersey instead. I like the Mets and I have family from Queens. There's a jersey grab bag on the Auction site.

But then I think, I could save money by getting one of eBay. The seller I got Mike Zagurski Pirates jersey from sells lots of Mets jerseys from 1990's to 2000's.

I browse their wares and they stocked Game Issued Cubs jerseys. Then I think, I always wanted a Cubs jersey. I can join their bandwagon and celebrate when they win the division and another World Series.

Okay, are you still following? I bought this jersey on eBay from Kruk Jerseys on eBay.



This is a Game Issued Junior Lake Chicago Cubs Road Jersey. I had him on my fantasy team a few years back. This jersey has a patch for Ernie Banks, who died in 2015. I checked the Authentication tag on MLB.com and it said it was team issued. I paid $140 for it, including shipping and handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment