Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Tale of a Cap

Less than decade ago, there was a chain of sporting good stores in Southern California called Chick's Sporting Goods. They sold variety of things in their stores: fishing equipment, hunting equipment, treadmills, licensed merchandise, and other recreational items. Every fall they would have a large tent sale where they would clear out a bunch of items.


They had a lot of licensed merchandise for sale and I bought this:


This is my first Angel Cap. It is an official New Era cap and I worn it a lot over the years. When I found it a few weeks ago in my closet, I touched it and felt the texture of it. It didn't feel like my other caps because these New Era caps were made out of wool. So the players on the field and the fans in the stands had the sun blazing on them wearing wool. I like the way it feels and looks compared to the modern ones but I understand why they don't use wool anymore.

This modern cap is made of polyester and it's lighter and breathes better. It looks so plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment