Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Ontario Reign University of La Verne Jersey

 It's been awhile since I posted anything on here. I haven't had much to post in the last year or so but I do have two items which are post worthy.


When I graduated from the University of La Verne back in 2008, I didn't have a job. The economy was in a recession. The only stable gig I could get was volunteering for the ECHL. The ECHL had a team in Ontario, California. The thought was if I wanted to work for a sports team, it would be a good way to put my foot in the door.

Our crew would work the games doing stats, score keeping, and goal judge. It was really cool seeing how a team works behind the scenes. 

Minor league teams are known for their theme nights. For several seasons after I graduated from La Verne, the Reign would have La Verne night, and the team would wear jerseys done with the University's colors, and then auction them off at the end of the game. This was great except I had no money. I couldn't really tell my dad, "Hey look I just won an auction and I just need $800."

Since I got my last job, I used notifications on eBay to see if anyone would be selling them. About six months ago, someone listed a Kevin Estrada game used jersey for $350. The listing had the option of naming your price. I wanted the jersey but not for that much, so I put $275 as an offer. If if the seller said no, I could live with it. Soon I got an email that the offer was accepted. I thought I should have made it a bit lower.

Anyway, here it is:





No comments:

Post a Comment