Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Fiesta Angels 2019




Saturday June 8th was Fiesta Angels at Angels Stadium. Prior to the Angels taking the field against the Seattle Mariners, the team was holding an event where you could grab a bite to eat, win prizes from vendors, and buy merchandise.


I arrived three hours before the first pitch and I regret it. I was so excited because I had list of player's jerseys I wanted to buy and I wanted special occasion jerseys and I didn't get any of that.

I remember a few years back that the game used section being bigger and a wider supply of jerseys. They had a tent setup with a few racks of jerseys and tables with hats, batting helmets, banners, signed balls, and chairs.



 I don't have that much money but if I did, I still wouldn't pay $300 for a chair.

As for the jerseys, they had an assortment of home, away, alternate, Spring Training, and the Stars and Stripes collection. For some reason they had a lot of Nick Tropeano jerseys and he's still on the team. 

On the far left side of the rack, they had this set of jerseys, and I had to buy one. I paid $100 for this:


  The Ducks and Angels have had a good relationship over the last few years, which has led to the Angels having a Ducks Night and Ducks having an Angels Night during their seasons. During last seasons Ducks Night, the Angels wore these batting practice jerseys. I remember them auctioning Mike Trout's and a bunch of other players. They had a handful left that they were selling.

I saw the 59 and thought a middle reliever wore it. I looked up the Authentics tag on it and it said that Michael Hermosillo wore it. Michael played in 31 games for the Halos as an outfielder and is still in their minor league system. 

 Everyone who attended Fiesta Angels got a reusable bag and a wall calendar.


After I bought my stuff, I visited some of the other booths and waited for the gates to open, while listening to the live music coming from the parking lot. Next time if I go to this, I'm not going so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment