Thursday, September 13, 2018

Wombat

First off, I was going to post Friday Finds but I got tied up with work. There will be post tomorrow with different auctioned off items. 

Speaking of which, this post is about my latest auction win.


The Lansing Lugnuts are the class A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. About a month ago, they were auctioning off these Mighty Wombat jerseys. 

What's with the Wombats?

The team had Backyard Baseball Night and based the jerseys off one the team names in the game. I never played any of the games but I thought the wombat was cute, so I put a bid in for $80 and figured if I got outbid, it'd be okay. If I won, at least it would be under $100.

This is what I thought I was winning.     


This is what I got.




 It's got dirt on it and some stains. It's definitely game used. This guy must have had a rough night on the field.

This jersey was worn by Brayden Bouchey and lets see how he did that night. He pitched an inning and didn't give up a run.  Really, I thought he was a shortstop or outfielder. 

This jersey didn't come with a certificate of authenticity. I unexpectedly got one in the mail a couple of days ago.


I can sleep better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment