Sunday, May 15, 2016

Anaheim Ducks Team Store Sale

The Anaheim Ducks had their Team Store sale on Saturday. They have this annually after the season ends. This was the second one I've ever been to.



The sale was supposed to start at 10AM. I arrived at the Honda Center at 9:20AM and there was a line of at least 200 people waiting outside for it to start. As I was waiting in line, I saw people leaving with bags of merchandise and hockey sticks. If you were a season ticket holder, you got to go in early and buy stuff.

Before 10 o'clock the line started to move slowly. They might have been letting people in early. I know I got into the main plaza by 10AM. Throughout the plaza, there were boxes on the ground and tables full of discounted merchandise. If I still played hockey, I'd be in Heaven.

There were sticks, helmets, pads, and skates for sale. Prices varied based if they were used or not. They had used practice jerseys for $75. Authentic jerseys varied in price:

I really wanted a third jersey but I wasn't going to pay grand for one. The one I got was nice and really rare.



This is the current Anaheim Ducks jersey that was worn by Harry Zolnierczyk. I am a casual Ducks fan and my dad watches all the games and he asked me who this was. I told him I didn't know and I Googled it. He played 8 minutes for the Ducks in one game but he's played more games for a few other teams. This might be the most obscure jersey I've ever owned.

This jersey has an interesting quirk to it. I knew authentic jerseys had fight straps but I didn't know they had this:

It has a serial number.



They also had player shirts, posters, and other Ducks merchandise on sale at the plaza. If you went into the team store, most of the merchandise was on sale for 50% off.

The Ducks had the more expensive game used merchandise inside the store. If you wanted a game used jersey from a less obscure player, you had to pay $1000 or more for it. They had signed sticks, helmets, and jerseys for high price.

I did a little Father's Day shopping while I was there and I'll write about it next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment