Thursday, December 31, 2015

Merry Charger Christmas

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been sick and busy these last few weeks. Before I start with what I got for Christmas, shop.mlb.com is having a clearance sale right now. It ends tonight and you can buy one item and get the second item for free. There are a lot of clearance jerseys on there, so it's a good time to expand your collection.



On December 20th, the San Diego Chargers had their last home game of the season at Qualcomm Stadium. While I was there, I bought another one of these.

 The Chargers sell collectible game day pins for each home game. If it was the last home game ever in San Diego, this might be worth money someday. These pins can be hard to find after the game is over and sometimes I have to go to different merchandise stands to find them.

My father decided to get me lots of Chargers items for Christmas. First off:
This coin commemorates the Chargers first season in San Diego.

 This knitted camouflage is neat. Unfortunately, I can only wear it for a few months a year without looking strange..

 This is Eric Weddle's signed rookie card. He was drafted by the Chargers in 2007 and this is his last year on the team unless both sides can agree with a contract.

This I bought at Burlington Coat Factory. It's a Nike Dri Fit pullover. The original price on it was $90 but they were selling it for $20. Burlington always has great deals and it's worth the trip to go to one.

My father got me this plaque with LaDainian Tomlinson's accomplishments. It can be wall mounted.

I actually went to his jersey retirement when the Chargers played to the Chiefs. The team put his jersey on sale and I bought it. I don't normally recommend buying jerseys at the stadium because you can usually find a better deal online or during team FanFests or Garage Sales. The Chargers were selling this for $165.

It's a Mitchell & Ness replica jersey. They make great replica and authentic jerseys. The lettering, numbers, and decals are ironed on but you couldn't tell by looking at it up close. I found out later that it was ten dollars cheaper online but I don't regret buying it.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment